Monday, February 13, 2012

Imports From The Livejournal Archives Vol. 1.2

The following has been archived from my blog on Livejournal.com:

---------------------
February 16, 2005
---------------------

Today


I have no quip to quote, today. I have no words of wisdom, nor do I have any words of hope or (perhaps) comfort for anyone who might have read the previous posts. Today is marked by a couple of things: some things are inconsequential to the grand scheme of things, the things that concern or encircle myself or my niche. They are non-existent except for the moment of thought worth spending. Today, my mother tripped in the yard. She fell into a hole about the size of her own foot in circumference, and about as deep as a few inches above her ankle. The result was that she broke her leg in three places. She had to have surgery to insert and secure pins into her leg to put things back into order. When I found out, I called immediately. It struck me as odd that I would find out second-hand from my sister who claimed that my step-father was mad at her to the point where he felt the necessity to call her husband. My first question is "why did they not get in touch with me?" Well, whatever the reason, I wanted to go see mom in the hospital, but apparently she had just got out of surgery when I called my step-father; he said that she didn't need to see anyone which is understandable a she was drugged to hell and back, and rather incoherent. I'll go see her tomorrow. My reaction, much to my dismay, was to forego the pain my back (which has been out for the past four days or so), and go grab a brew or eight down at the local pub. I had run out of Valium to relax my muscles, and alcohol seemed to be the next best thing tohelp me relax those back muscles. I had a good time, relatively speaking. Despite the good music and friends' company, ?I priodically thought of my mom which brought me down a bit. That's somewhat uncharacteristic of myself.

Given the circumstances of late, I thought this might be therapeutic to some degree. I have yet to decide whether or not that was true. When I came home tonight, I finished the final boss fight of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. (There's just something about Nintendo mode after a few drinks that makes one nearly invicincible.)

Valentine's day was the worse. Not because of the happenings today, but because I broke up with my girl after nine months a couple-three weeks ago. Even after this time, people still seem suprised to hear the news. I'm a little tired of explaining why things dissolved between the two of us.

The beer is wearing off, and my back is starting to hurt again. I'm going to leave things at that, and call it a night. Have a good one, folks. Today sucked, but what sucks more (perhaps) is that I don't feel any worse than I probably should.

Have a good one.


--------------------

Invino Veritas
Archive Created 2/13/12
EOF

No comments:

Post a Comment