Monday, February 13, 2012

Imports From The Livejournal Archives Vol. 1.3

The following has been archived from my blog on Livejournal.com:

---------------------
March 14, 2005
---------------------

 A Moment Of  Redemption

I almost forgot I had this account. I guess, perhaps, that means that either I'm fairly emotionally self-sufficient, or I just don't really care. If I were a psychologist or motivationalist, I might blame it on the lack of external gratification. At any rate, I feel the desire (not need) to update this journal for the moment that I have left before my tape runs out.

Today's theme music is brought to us by Roger Waters in his performace (with friends) live at the now-destroyed Berlin wall. I bought a DVD recorder yesterday, and now its time to backup my movies on a more permanent medium -- one that wont be as subject to heat, dust, and magnetic interference. Today's first disc was created using the aforementioned video/album, Stevie Ray vaughn Live at the El Mocambo, the freeview version of The Allman Brothers Live at the Beacon (sp?) Theatre, and some SRV Austin City Limits stuff.

While I was recording, I looked for jobs and worked on the mud a bit. I've been looking for a career-level job now for about three months with no luck. The only responses I've got thusfar is from people who tell me they reviewed my resume, but then offer me a job in sales of unrelated materials. (For those of you who don't know, I'm an MIS guy.) It's really kind of funny and annoying all at once. I got a total of about four scams, three financial, two telemarketing, and one response that wanted me to download some unidentified software which I kindly refused. (For all I know, it could be harmful. I can't sacrifice my financial records and whatnot just so I can find out the job isn't what I want to do.) Job hunting is such a pain in the ass; it's a complete and utter oxymoron in action: you need experience to work but you cant get experience without some sort of a job. So, I'm looking into post-graduate internships. I'll let you know if I hear from anyone back on those.

Ok, looking back over all of this reminds me of why I hate "reality" television. It's boring, but perhaps it will give me a bit of redemption for missing a good chunk of time. I'll probably be back later to give and update on the information and postings from below. I think the DVD is about to end as I draw near the end of the video I am recording.

Have fun folks.

Enjoy.


-------------------


Invino Veritas
Archive Created 2/13/12
EOF

No comments:

Post a Comment