Friday, January 13, 2012

Imports From The MySpace Archives Vol. 1.0

The following has been archived from my abandoned blog on MySpace.com:

------------------------
November 24, 2006
------------------------

Generalizations Painted With The Color Dissonance

The past few months have been infused with change. To begin, I've got a new job. My boss referred to it as a promotion, so I'll take that same approach. I now train people to do what I used to do before I was a dispatcher. I now have a salary and make considerably better money than I once made. For these things, I'm happy. I don't have to squeak by to find pennies at the end of the month like I used to do. On the other hand, I haven't really signed-up for a lot of things that I probably should have as result of having deeper resources. But I didn't really start this expression to talk about that sort of thing. 

I find myself working longer hours which is something I kind of expected from the beginning. But I find that when I can't be around to talk to my friends and acquaintances, they begin to fill in the gaps with assumptions. I suppose it's natural to want to know the details of any one thing or set of ideas. This didn't used to happen when I had time to spend with my friends. I would imagine that's because I was there to fill in the gaps between informations of all types. I don't mind missing the events as most of them are things with which I already have expreince. I had a conversation with someone the other day explaining how most people just like to hear themselves talk about themselves. After I said it, that idea stuck in my mind. The following part of this post is a generalization, and nobody should take it personally as it is not designed to be directed at any one person.

People are innately selfish. In fact, they really do like to hear themselves talk much like parakeets must have someone at which to chirp. I try to avoid minor selfishenesses in myself, but I still catch myself every once in a while. My mentors used to tell me that every once in a while you got to be selfish because nobody will think about you and your needs, generally speaking. I tend to believe that this is true so far as it relates to the vicious cycle of innate human selfishness. People who spend their time observing and listening to other people talk are often ridiculed.  By listening rather than talking, I've learned to try to imagine other people's perspectives and empathize. Maybe this blog is my way to bring attention to myself. Hell, I don't know. I can tell all of you one thing that is absolutely true: people really aren't as interesting as they would like to believe. I used to think that they would be interesting before I knew the truth. (I could be mistaking the idea of interest with entertainment at this point, but we'll take them to be synonymous at this juncture.) I guess the revelation I get from all of this is selfishness makes you boring. People don't really relate to people, but rather they relate to experiences, ideas, and even objects. Since people aren't either of those three things, people don't honestly relate to other people. Perhaps that's why they are so damned selfish and prefer to talk about themselves. At this point, you are probably ready to shout to the world that this idea isn't true. But think about it. Use the intellect that was instilled in a grape and THINK about it.

I may change my mind tomorrow, but for the time being I will reassert. People are selfish. People don't relate to people. People aren't interesting. Again, these ideas are a generalization and are taken on the whole. These statements aren't directed towards any single person. In a nutshell, I'm just thinking aloud (so to speak).

Peace & Enjoy.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

---------------------------------

Invino Veritas
EOF



No comments:

Post a Comment