Thursday, December 29, 2011

He Said She Said

Just a little something of which I had to purge my head.
Enjoy.

-Invino

***********************************
He Said She Said

She said, "What are you? Crazy?"
I said, "What's the alternative?"
She said, "Sanity. What'd you think?"
I said, "I dunno. Maybe something more open-minded."
I said, "Why? Which one has better drugs?"
She said, "Insanity."
I said, "Well, in that case, I'm crazy., yes."
I paused and looked her in her eyes and smiled.
She did not smile.
She stood there trying to find something in my eyes.
Trying to determine my intention,
My next move,
Forgetting the moment at hand.
I broke the ice, "By the way,
Have you seen my spare...
[Pause for dramatic effect.]
...rootabaga?"
There we went.
She smiled.
I said, "I'm not half as crazy,
As you think I should think you think I am."
She said, "Kiss me, you crazy shit."
I said, "Gladly, nutty woman."
And I kissed her.
She said, "As long as you are crazy,
I can't be mad at you for long."
I said, "I know.
It's part of my master plan."
I said, "It's no fun being crazy alone,
When you only have one voice in your head,
Even if it does sound like Bozo on Helium."
She smiled again.
I smiled, too.


***********************************

Invino Veritas
12/29/11
EOF

No comments:

Post a Comment