Friday, September 2, 2011

The Week In Review

Well, another seven days or so has passed by once again. My normal work has kept me pretty busy and my renewed interest in SlothMUD has taken up some of my time. Football season has officially started in the college realm and that means Fantasy Football, meat on the grill, and overall good times to be had by many. I spent a lot of time this week revisiting some old music from the 80's, too. Namely, I've revisited three bands: Oingo Boingo, Bow Wow Wow, and The Go-Go's. (I have full intention to discuss them in future posts.) Got paid on Wednesday, got poor again by Thursday as all bills are paid at the moment. Thursday night is also raw oyster night at one of the local watering holes here, and accordingly I felt obligated to scarf down about eighteen of them along with some lagers. There's a small voice in my head everytime I eat raw oysters, though, and it says to me "You realize, one day they will kill you, right?" But perhaps it's not only the taste I enjoy but the thrill of the edgewise strafing I enjoy as well. I'll accept both answers at this time.

As we embark upon another Labor Day weekend here in the States, I have no real plans for anything out of the ordinary. I plan to get in some serious couch time and likely watch some Star Trek: Voyager on Netflix. There will be no doubt as to my working on the new area I am creating for SlothMUD. Having recently finsihed a frontier of dinosaurs, I have begun construction of a quest area chock full of a strange array of good, evil, law, and chaos. I am determined on another venture, however. Real world business has caused me to neglect my adventures of Dalmar over at the Bucholera blog, and I fully intend to produce another chapter and bring some resolution to the conflict tha has beset Dalmar and his partner, Sh'lzzt. Labor Day weekend means more than relaxation and personal productivity - at least for many. I have options, and plenty of them should I desire to get away from it all. I reckon I will find time for visiting and manning a grill or two as, once again, it is the beginning of the college football season. But I hate getting busy at work for two major reasons: it keeps me from being involved with my friends and their lives, and it stifles my creativity with unrelated thoughts and stress. I just simply don't produce the quality of material, if at all, when I m that busy with work. It can really be quite disheartening. In as much as all that, I am thankful to have three days with which to work out the details. I think I'm going to leave things on cruise control for a while, and just coast in to the harbor. That seems to be a viable course of action, and also seems to be appropriate given the nature of historic Labor Day activities.

Catch you guys on the flipside of the wormhole.

Peace.

Invino Veritas
9/2/11
EOF


No comments:

Post a Comment