Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Snakes On The Brain

Snakes On The Brain

I'm afraid, my dear, I have snakes within my brain,
Bees in my ears, my dear, and monkeys in my eyes,
Against my better judgment that I should refrain,
But there's a bat, my dear, in the belfry that cries,
There's a blue turnip in the spider web, my dear,
The pigs have landed and Lucifer bought a coat,
Alice1 is in the garden with Dinah2, I fear,
For which, my dear, there seems to be no antidote.
   And yet there's no alarm for which there's no excuse,
   There's no travesty upon which I must report,
   For the sky here is a gorgeous shade of fulvous3,
   And here, my dear, my neighbors are never obtuse,
   The moments are simply filled with snappy retort,
   And ev'rything int'resting isn't frivolous.
  
  
_____________________________
1.  The main character in Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland.
2. Alice's cat in Alice in Wonderland.
3. A dull yellow-brown color.
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment